Before developing dental implants, dentures were the only alternative to replacing a missing tooth. Since then, implant dentistry has become one of the most advanced treatments available and is now a widely used procedure in restorative services.
Not everyone in Colorado Springs is a good candidate for a dental implant; for a successful implant to take hold, you must have proper bone density and a strong immune system. In all cases, dental implants require strict oral hygiene.
Want to know how the dental implants will look in your mouth? Contact our team. Our dental implants are so well designed that they mimic the look and feel of your natural teeth.
Why Choose Us
Transform your life with dental implants from Hill Dentistry in Colorado Springs. Regain confidence with a natural-looking smile that enhances self-esteem. Enjoy improved chewing, speech, and comfort, as implants function like real teeth. Preserve jawbone health and experience a lasting, reliable solution that redefines your oral well-being.
- Natural-looking, confidence-boosting smile
- Enhanced chewing, speech, and comfort
- Long-lasting, reliable oral health solution
“BEST DENTIST AND STAFF IN THE SPRINGS!!! Dr. Hill is so kind, honest, professional and really he really cares about his patients... as do his awesome staff! I no longer fear to go to dental appointments because they make you feel so comfortable and welcomed! Highly recommend!! ”- Kimberly
“I haven't been here In a while due to work responsibilities but Dr. Hill has always been good to me and my husband. Always takes the time to make sure we are taken of. I will be returning after Thanksgiving for my cleaning. ”- Sonia E.
“This office, from the very first phone call to walking out the door of my first visit, has been amazing. The front desk ladies are so sweet. When I first walked in, Teaja was immediately very accommodating, helping me with my children throughout the visit, since my babysitter canceled last minute. The entire staff makes you feel like family, including ... ”- Scott C.
“Dr. Hill is the Best. Myself and family have been seeing Dr. Hill since 2004 and have never been disappointed with his work. His staff is equally best in their field whether it be the ladies that greet you at the front desk or the assistants that help Dr. Hill with your teeth. I recommend Dr. Hill for any Dentistry needs. ”- Lynn O.
“Favorite Dentist of all time. The staff is so friendly. Dr hill has fair prices and he's always willing to work with you. I've never liked going to the dentist but here I actually look forward to it because the team is friendly and professional. They accept Tricare insurance and they are willing to work with military families. ”- Farrah H.
“Dr. Hill is knowledgeable, patient, and kind. His prices are affordable. The girls in the office are awesome as well. I got a great cleaning and decided to make Dr. Hills office my regular dentist. ”- Tabitha H.
Surgery will be necessary to prepare the area for placement of a dental implant. We provide implants for:
- Replacing All Teeth: If you are missing all of your teeth, an implant-supported full bridge or full denture can replace them.
- Replacing Multiple Teeth: If you are missing several teeth, implant-supported bridges can replace them
- Replacing a Single Tooth: If you are missing a single tooth, one implant and a crown can replace it. If you are missing one tooth in a given area of your mouth, we may recommend that you consider one dental implant to replace the root of the missing tooth, and an implant crown to rebuild your tooth in a beautiful and natural-looking manner.
What Is the Dental Implant Procedure?
After we place the implant on your tooth, for the next two to six months both the implant and bone will bond together to form an anchor for your artificial tooth. During this time, a temporary tooth replacement option can be worn over the implant site.
Occasionally, a second step of the procedure is necessary to uncover the implant and attach an extension. This small metal post, called an abutment, completes the foundation on which your new tooth will be placed. Your gums will be allowed to heal for a couple of weeks following this procedure. There are some implant systems (one-stage) that do not require this second step. Finally, a replacement crown will be created for you by Dr. Hill and attached to your abutment. After a short time, you will experience restored confidence in your smile and your ability to chew and speak.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Not everyone is a good candidate for dental implants. Here are a few considerations to take into account before getting dental implants:
- Dental Health: Do you have solid dental health? Dental implants require a healthy jawbone and gum tissue to provide a sturdy foundation for the implant. If you have gum disease, tooth decay, or other dental issues, they need to be addressed and treated before proceeding with dental implants to ensure the long-term success of the implant.
- Overall Health: Your overall health is also an important consideration. Certain health conditions, such as uncontrolled diabetes, immune disorders, or radiation therapy to the head or neck, can affect the success of dental implants. It's important to discuss your medical history with your Dr. Hill to determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants.
- Bone Density: Dental implants require a sufficient amount of bone in the jaw to anchor the implant. If you have insufficient bone density in the jaw due to tooth loss, gum disease, or other factors, you may need bone grafting or other procedures to build up the bone before getting dental implants.
- Maintenance and Care: Dental implants require proper maintenance and care to ensure their longevity. This includes regular oral hygiene practices, such as brushing, flossing, and rinsing with an antimicrobial mouthwash, as well as regular dental check-ups and professional cleanings. It's important to commit to a proper oral care routine and follow your dentist's recommendations to ensure the success of your dental implants.
These are some of the key considerations to take into account before getting dental implants. It's important to consult with the team at Hill Dentistry in Colorado Springs assess your individual circumstances and determine if dental implants are the right option for you.
Benefits of Dental Implants
At Hill Dentistry in Colorado Springs, experience the transformative benefits of dental implants. Our expert team offers state-of-the-art implant technology, providing natural-looking and long-lasting solutions for missing teeth. Enjoy improved aesthetics, enhanced functionality, and lasting oral health with our personalized care approach. Trust Hill Dentistry to restore your smile and confidence with top-quality dental implant treatments.
- Natural Appearance: Dental implants closely resemble natural teeth, enhancing aesthetics and confidence.
- Improved Functionality: Implants restore full chewing ability and speech clarity, offering greater comfort and convenience.
- Longevity: With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime, providing a permanent solution to tooth loss.
- Bone Preservation: Implants stimulate jawbone growth, preventing bone loss and maintaining facial structure.
- Enhanced Oral Health: Adjacent teeth remain unaffected, promoting overall oral hygiene and health.
What to Expect After Treatment
After treatment, Dr. Hill will work closely with you to develop the best care plan for your healing. Periodic follow-up visits will be scheduled to monitor your dental implant, teeth, and gums to make sure they are healthy. Because dental implants require surgery, patients will be administered anesthesia and, if necessary, antibiotics to stave off infection following the procedure.
Like any restoration, dental implants require diligent oral hygiene and proper care to ensure they last a long time. It is essential that you continue to brush at least twice a day, using a toothbrush that has soft bristles. It is also highly recommended that you floss and use a small interdental brush in order to clean hard-to-reach areas on and around your implants. You also may want to stay away from foods that are hard to chew or bite down on, as they can potentially damage your dental implants.
Fun & Friendly Experience For All Ages
Zero Down & Zero Interest Financial Options
Spanish Speaking Staff
Emergency & After Hour Services Available